SUMMER CAMP is conducted in Manali from May – July. This is a wilderness camp which perhaps is the requirement of the Students Outdoor Leadership School – SOLS. Here students bring themselves away from their comfort zone. They don’t tend to get the same sort of facilities which they get in daily routine. This is apparently a learning camp where students learn to adjust in the adverse situation.
We do provide with basic facilities in the camp. Students are provided with the Alpine and dome tents with floor bedding, mattress and sleeping bags. We have Separate utilities/wash rooms for girls and boys with running water. Hot water is provided in the morning and evening.
Summer camp is located in the midst o from the Himalayas with a river Beas just flowing in front and we get glimpse of the great Himalayan ranges with snow capped peaks. Camp is away from the hassle and crowd of the main town Manali. It’s just 14 kms ahead Kullu towards Manali.
Different packages are available according to group size, age group & All packages includes the tent stay, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Vehicle for Manali Local sightseeing are also available. Group rates are available on request.
- Learn to adjust in the adverse condition
- Lesser use of limited resources
- Over come through fear
- Find out our strength and weakness
- Work as a team
- Leadership quality
- Push ourselves beyond our limits
- Rock climbing
- River crossing
- Team Building Games
- Outdoor education
- Village walk
- Obstacle courses
- Zip line
Some DO’s and Don’ts to ensure a safe and fun time
- Please do maintain the decorum of the camp
- Do follow the instructions of instructors
- Please do be sun safe. Please use caps/sun block etc and drink plenty of water.
- Do inform your instructors for any medical problem
- Do be Punctual at all times
- Do follow all safety instructions and be suitably geared for he day’s adventure activity
- Do respect the environment at the camp and keep your surroundings clean. Please be eco-sensible and follow the rules of the great outdoors, take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints.
- Please don’t break the rules of the campsite
- Please don’t wander off alone without telling teachers/ instructors
- Please don’t go out of the camp premises
- Please avoid bringing any expensive or valuable items to the camp. Please don’t carry any valuable items during adventure activities.
- Please don’t litter.
- Please no Alcohol at all in during the course
- Students already on medication should carry their medicines with them
- If you have any allergies or medical problems, it should be communicated to us prior to the trip.