In the present competitive global scenario of school education it is very important for school students. By identifying the need of the hour product development team of Himalayan Vagabond Adventures has developed the innovative concept by spending months on R&D. Believe us these types of educational capsules will be the future of our education system and school managements dare to opt for this will certainly have an edge over others. Following news article will help you to understand and elaborate more about the concept we are offering to you;
Adventure sports to be added in CBSE Class 12 syllabus
CBSE will introduce a unique and interesting physical education curriculum that will be applicable from the session 2014-2015 for Class 12 students.
The syllabus includes theory and practical knowledge in various fields. Introduction of adventure sports and leadership training where the meaning and objectives of adventure sports will be taught along with types of activities including camping, rock climbing, trekking, river rafting and mountaineering are a part of it.
Within school, Camping Begins…!!!
You can’t take all the students of your school for outdoors camps? No problem! We bring you all the camping experience within your school playground.
Himalayan Vagabond Adventures Camp activities are designed to have fun and provide direct learning experience. Spaced out within a day and an overnight students enjoy a newfound independence away from home and beyond books.
2.1 ADVENTURE CAPSULE
Within a short span of 4 to 24 hours, the adventure needs of students are met.
In today’s competitive world every parent dreams to see their child excel in all disciplines. ADVENTURE CAPSULE exposes each student to experience a situation hands-on, overcome a challenging task by finding their own answers, which perhaps no classroom lecture can alone provide for.
3.1 The Ethos of our Camp
An educational based company, HIMALAYAN VAGABOND ADVENTURES is specialized in conducting school programs.
- Where every student is valued;
- Every child is Known and cared for;
- Where cooperation is preferred to competition;
- All Successes are shared;
- Where difficulties are talked through;
- Compassion and forgiveness are present;
- Where equal opportunities are given;
- Lively enquiring minds are developed;
- Where the well being of our school community is at heart.
3.2 Himalayan Vagabond Adventures is known for
- It’s Obsession for Safety.
- Its Professional Team.
- “Eco-sensible” approach to Tourism.
- Its Understanding of Corporate requirements.
- Camping in comfort.
- Ability to successfully handle large groups.
3.3 Why Himalayan Vagabond Adventures?
Our In house leadership development camps are designed with utmost care with the inputs of experts from the academia and industry. These programmes are executed under the guidance and presence of Mr. B. D. Negi.
Brief profile of Mr. B. D Negi – Managing Director
He holds a Masters in Tourism Administration (MTA) Degree. He has done courses on Adventure Leadership Development, Skiing and Mountaineering. He is also trained in Wilderness First Aid & CPR. Recently, very successful completed an advance Mountaineering course from DMAS, Manali and was awarded the best trainee. He has climbed several peaks in western Himalayas. Negi has assisted a number of trips in Uttarakhand, Himachal, Ladakh and Rajasthan. He has also trip lead many international School trips. He also coordinates with schools in planning various school trips. He has also facilitated many corporate groups. He is into this profession for the past 7 years. As a School Trip Leader:
- Singapore International School group to Dharamsala
- Singapore American School – Singapore
- Tangling Trust School – Singapore
- Cairo American College – Cairo
- Hong Kong International School
- Doha college – Qatar
- American International School – Dhaka
- Dubai International Academy
- American Embassy School – Delhi
- American School of Bombay – Mumbai
- Dhiru Bhai Ambani International School – Mumbai
- British School – Gurgaon
- Pathways World School – Gurgaon
- German Embassy School – Delhi
- Oakridge International School – Hydrabad
- Mayoor International School – Raipur
3.4 You don’t know what you can do until you try
Himalayan Vagabond Adventures’s approach to experiential adventure is what makes it’s training so exceptional. In Himalayan Vagabond Adventures adventure camps, learning is hands-on. Participants are asked to “walk” rather than merely “talk” their behaviors. It simply means that you are asked to take an active role in the flow of your adventure, learn new skills, cook meals, navigate, set up camp and meet as a group to plan and organize each day. The primary goal of our adventure camps is to create an environment where you discover and create for your own outcomes, and emerge as responsible individuals.
3.5 Program Highlights
3.5.1 SOLID INSTRUCTION & DEBRIEFING: Learning becomes easy after reflecting over it
Right instruction is like winning half the battle. Special emphasis is laid on crafting the instructions by using the right words, right tone and right demonstration.
For instance, a good set of briefing will answer the following:
- How to do the activity?
- What are the exact steps needed to follow?
- What tools and equipments will be required?
- How long will it take to finish?
- What difficulties would one expect to encounter on the way?
- What will one see, hear, experience after following the instructions?
- What will happen if you screw up?
- What does failure look like?
The emphasis of the instruction is on safety pointers, duration, requirements and learning objectives. Imagine if the activity is left to its natural evolvement!
Once an activity has been performed, it’s time to share the experiences. It’s only after reflecting on the performed activity, participants gain significant insights on the application at work. Your interaction with one another will lead you to find new ways to work together. Hence, through skillful facilitation by our instructors each adventure activity turns into a powerful learning and development opportunity. Himalayan Vagabond Adventures adventure programs impacts on individual’s self esteem, achievement and behavior and raises their expectation and aspirations through innovation teaching and learning. By providing correct instructions and debriefing before and after an activity, it meets the unique needs and learning styles of individuals.
3.5.2 MANAGING RESOURCES: THINKING OUT-OF-THE-BOX IN OUTDOORS
Managing resources in the outdoors is generally a matter of common sense, patience, and wisely using the gifts that nature provides. Himalayan Vagabond Adventures programs will help your students in learning to manage these resources effectively. In other words, learning new skills like storing water, starting a fire and creating a shelter becomes a lot more fun!
For instance, you will learn to create fire by using the energy from the sun with an eye lens, or a broken piece of glass. To collect pure water from rain, snow or dew, you will learn to use anything from a cup to a piece of waterproof cloth to a large leaf. A belt becomes quite handy to hold a bandage in place as an equipment strap, or as a snare. And how about considering a wooden stick while hiking. The long mark it makes in the dirt will help to retrace your steps better in case you are lost. It doesn’t matter if you attend a day camp, an adventure camp, or a program that offers a mix of everything. Who knows, the experience gained may find you a hobby or a life passion that you may never have known about.
3.5.3 APPRECIATION & RESPECT FOR NATURE: Care for Our Mother Nature
An important ingredient of Himalayan Vagabond Adventures program is contact with nature, traditionally gained through camping activities. Living out-of-doors encourages self-sufficiency and determination, and helps you to discover the tranquility and harmony of nature. An appreciation of the natural world is essential at a time when our environment is under threat. The environmental theme has always been strong in many Himalayan Vagabond Adventures activities. Along with understanding and cherishing the natural world, Himalayan Vagabond Adventures advocates for its protection and very survival. Join our programs and find out what you can do to help save our planet.
3.5.4 WE TRANSFORM LIVES: There is more in you than you think
The adventure activities that we do are a mix of anticipation, energy and exploring the unknown, where chances of stumbles and falls are obvious. The difference lies in our approach. Careful instruction and positive encouragement are regular features of our programs. Participants in our programs choose their route and proceed with their chosen activities at their own pace, exercising self-motivation and freedom of choice.
4.1 About the program…
We intend to provide a different kind of indoor and outdoor experience-an opportunity to engage kids in indoor or outdoor activities through immersion in the adventure to promote “Learning by doing concept”. Indoor and outdoor awareness, compassion, leadership and an ethic of care for the earth and indoor and outdoor education among the students and doing something very important for the generation to come.
4.2 Objectives of the Himalayan Vagabond Adventures Program…
The objectives of the student programmes offered are to:
- Develop communication/team skills.
- Strengthen confidence and self reliance.
- Gain awareness about environment and issues that are degrading our natural resources.
- Adopt eco-friendly sensibilities.
- Help student to grow physically.
- Learn to work in a group.
- Build strategic skills for effective decision making and implementation.
- Understanding good leadership behaviours.
- Recognizing own qualities and strengths.
- Determining how well you perceive what’s going on around you.
- Polishing interpersonal skills.
- Learning about commitment and how to move things forward.
- Making Key decisions.
- Handling your and other people’s stress.
- Empowering, motivating and inspiring others.
- Leading by example.
- Smart performance.
- Improvement in self disciplined.
- Socially and emotionally improvement in skills.
- Spiritual development.
- Improvement in self confidence.
- Helps in developing new interests, skills, and friendships.
- Unforgettable outdoor adventure.
- Students will enjoy distraction from day to day routine.
- Discover the spirit of adventure with activities such as rappelling, flying fox, Burma Bridge, camping, team building games etc.
4.3 Features of the Program…
The features of the program are:
- Boarding and lodging facilities as per the programme selected.
- Leadership and in-house training at the sights by the certified trainers.
- Registration fees include all scheduled program activities.
- Certificate of Participation at the completion of the program
- Enhance leadership, Outdoor awareness, compassion and ethic of care for the earth.
- Fun never ends- Specially designed recreational and meaningful activities.
4.4 Activities List to be choose from…
- Burma Bridge
- Confidence Bridge
- Valley Crossing
- Team Building Exercises
- Bivouac camping
- Bush art
- Bush treasure hunt
- Bush tucker and ecology walk
- Camp craft
- Campfire Cooking
- Campfire at night
- Climbing gym
- Expedition style pack & paddle
- Flying fox
- High & low ropes challenges
- Icebreaker games
- Mud pit
- Navigation and map reading
- Team Initiatives
4.5 COVERAGE of the Program…
The practice of ‘Team Building’ and ‘Efficiency Improvement’ through;
• Experience sharing and deriving results.
• Basic Confidence Building.
• Breaking the barriers.
• Best Management with Least Resources.
• Emotional Intelligence.
• Leadership, Motivation and Communication processes.
• Conflict Management and Assertiveness Development.
• Personality Development.
• Stress Eradication.
•Hidden Talent Search.
4.6 METHODOLOGY of the Program…
The program will use a mix of methodology such as briefings, group work, discussions, role-plays, games, instruments and simulation.
4.7 HOW DO WE MEET THE ABOVE OBJECTIVES?
Experts from a variety of backgrounds are involved and their proven skills are exploited to enrich the experience keeping the process simple enough to be understood easily. Call it- ‘Experiential Learning’. Our unique approach to outdoor adventure teaches the life’s lessons and positive experiences at every step.
4.8 Safety and Security:
- Medical facilities.
- Emergency First Aid Kit.
- Doctor on call.
- Fire safety.
The Modus Operandi of Himalayan Vagabond Adventures for the In-House Adventure Camp is that;
- Our Professional Adventure Experts will visit your school premises and based on their visit they will plan out the activities to be carried out in your School, which is purely based on your school physical structure.
- We will custom-design a program specifically to meet the objectives of your camp and the needs of your group or school.
- The unique setting lends itself to activities focusing on the natural environment and adventure, but much more than this can be accomplished in the outdoor classroom.
Some of the options we can offer assistance with include:
5.1 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Leadership training – Grade 6/7 and Grade 11/12
- Team-building – All ages
- Group dynamics challenges – All ages
Intermediate and senior phases:
Integrated camps focusing particularly on elements from the Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Life Orientation curricula.
Education and information about the natural flora and fauna.
6.1 Experience Camping in your School
An adventure activity has never looked so easy in our camps in schools.
- Himalayan Vagabond Adventures camp activities are designed from the time span ranging from of 4 to 24 hours. Students on the basis of their age and capabilities can be put in the suitable programme.
- Spaced out within a day and an overnight students enjoy a newfound independence away from home and beyond books.
6.2 Camp in School
We offer several ways for students to have the ultimate camp experience in school. With an active support from our team of trained instructors, students experience fast paced power-packed adventure activities within the school.
6.3 Day Camp in School
Split into three flexible options, each camping option come with an access to all the activities that you would want to have for your students. Split into three flexible options, each camping option come with an access to all the activities that you would want to have for your students.
6.3.1 Option I: 0830 hrs to 1230 hrs
Short yet powerful, like a T-20 match. This fast paced program starts and ends within the school hours. Perfect for kids willing to get some laugh, some thrill and some excitement in that short span.
6.3.2 Option II: 0830 hrs to 1630 hrs
If the kids are willing to stretch their bones for a little more time, then this program has it all. Powered by hygienic nutritious lunch, kids will bounce back to do more.
6.3.3 Option III: 0830 hrs to 2030 hrs
This is the most sought after program. From day to night a series of non-stop adventure activities and fun games will keep the kids hooked. Supplemented with nutritious meal at regular intervals, a dose of valuable leadership skills, and a night of campfire with music ensure a goodnight’s sleep.
6.4 Overnight Camp in School
- Spaced out within a day and an overnight, students enjoy a newfound independence away from home in close company of classmates and teachers.
- Packed with yoga sessions, leadership games and bonfires make Himalayan Vagabond Adventures overnight camps at school a perfect experience.
- Staying away from home brings a variety of new challenges. Therefore, the main emphasis at the camp is to have students living together with other students in a healthy and stimulating environment.
- They experience living out in tents, spend quality time with friends and teachers, and enjoy the simple camp pleasures within the safe environs of the school.
- It’s like a small community where students adjust to new routines and learn to be emotionally independent.
6.5 Leadership Camp for Students
- Leadership is what sets us apart. Through adventure activities, we encourage students to think out-of-the-box, empower them with skills like leading and working in a team, instill a healthy spirit of competition, some life values, some cheer and enthusiasm that go a long way in their life.
- At our leadership camps when students are given a challenge, they are faced with two choices: give up or step up. Giving up is easy. It’s stepping-up that’s hard, but worth it. That’s the kind of confidence our leadership programs enforce. Even if students choose to step-up, and the challenge isn’t smooth and straight, they have to remind themselves about the choice they made and why. What matters most is the attitude of never giving up. Here, they get the greatest chance of putting their leadership skills to work.
- Himalayan Vagabond Adventures leadership camp is all about hugs and smiles. They are fun and safe. By talking, laughing, crying, sharing with different people, kids open their minds, feelings and sense of communication. They learn to become proud and confident and it reflects when they show it to others.
7.1 Class/Age wise proposal of In-house Leadership cum Adventure camp
|Class||Age group||Activities||Level of risk|
|1st to 5th||5-10 years||· Flying fox· Burma Bridge· Valley Crossing· Camping· Team Building Exercises· Rope Activities.||Low|
|6th to 10th||11-15 years||· Flying fox· Burma Bridge· Rappelling· Valley Crossing· Camping· Team Building Exercises
· Rope Activities.
|+1 and +2||15-17 years||· Flying fox· Burma Bridge· Rappelling· Valley Crossing· Camping· Team Building Exercises
· Rope Activities.